• a new, two-story library, designed for the digital age
• a new Community Center located in the current library building, which will be re-purposed into a place for meetings, activities, programs and gatherings for all generations
• an enclosed entrance and lobby that links both buildings
• two adjacent parking lots for easy access for pedestrians, motorists, and cyclists
• walkways, gardens and outdoor seating areas that unify the entire complex
A public-private partnership
The overall cost for the Library and Community Center complex is $9 million, of which $3 million will be funded by the City of Marshfield. The Building Connections Capital Campaign’s goal is to raise the remaining $6 million in private funds by 2016, which allows the entire project to be completed at one time, rather than in two phases.
For more information:
• The “case statement” for how the project addresses current and future needs is outlined in this 12-page book
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) with more information
• Building a Tribute Wall: Click here to view the creative process.
Shaping the vision:
Design Charrette Summary 2010
• Space Needs Assessment